Addressing the technician shortage and skills gap facing the industry is at the core of what the Garage Gurus do, and to support this mission, we’re offering our Technician Scholarship: now entering its 10th year!
This scholarship is designed to help support the next generation of technicians – whether they’re a high school student looking to get started, or a student who is returning to school to learn new skills and entering an exciting field! Either way, this scholarship helps them open doors! Since the scholarship program launched in 2015, the Gurus have provided 108 students with over $270K in scholarships!
On this page, students who are interested in applying will find all of the requirement information they need to successfully submit their application.
Learn more about the Garage Gurus program at garagegurus.tech
- At the time of application, you must be:
- Enrolled full-time at a U.S. high school; or
- Accepted/enrolled (full-time or part-time) at an accredited college, university, or trade school within the U.S.
- Be in pursuit of an automotive technician degree or certification (or equivalent degree/certification)
- Submit most recent transcript of all academic work.
- Submit a letter of recommendation (non-family members)
- Tell us why you want to be a top technician! Submit your story outlining your career goals, plans and personal story — written or video!
- Let us know you found us! Include “Garage Gurus” in the sponsor field of your application to help us know you’re applying for our scholarship
Thinking about an automotive aftermarket career? Good choice! Servicing or supplying parts for vehicle maintenance and repair can be a rewarding career. An automotive scholarship can help pave the way.